The Game Wardens offer Hunting, Fishing and Camping programs. If you would like to know more about their programs, they can be reached at (760) 725-3360 or visit their office in building 2648.
- February through August (weekends): 0800 for hunter check-in, 0830 for regular customer walk-in traffic.
Current Hunting Rules and Seasons
- Hunting Seasons 2014-2015
- General Hunting Rules 2014
- Dove and Archery Flier 2014
- Small Game Rules 2014
- Deer Rules 2014
- Deer Safety Brief Info 2014
- Waterfowl Rules 2014
Hunter Safety Classes
The Resource Enforcement and Compliance Branch (Game Wardens) are scheduling free hunter safety classes for anyone wanting to hunt in California and on Camp Pendleton. Hunters must be at least 12 years of age to hunt on Base. Classes are held in the Warden’s Office Building (Bldg 2648) at 8:30 AM. Please arrive and check-in at 8:15 AM. Bring a bag lunch, water, or drinks that you may need for the entire day. A break-room, refrigerator, microwave oven, water and restrooms are provided on-site for your convenience. Instructors will issue certificates of completion once students complete the class and pass a written exam.
The next class is TBD. Students should show up NLT 0815. Anyone interested can call the Warden Office at 760-725-3360 and ask for their name to be placed on the sign-up sheet. The sign-up sheet is first-come, first-served. The class size will be restricted to 25 students..
Please call the Game Warden office at 760-725-3360 for further information or prior to the next month’s class to place your name on the class roster.
Fishing Licenses and Permits
- All fishermen, age 16 and above, must possess a current ‘California State Fishing License’ and a Camp Pendleton ‘Fishing Permit’. Base Permits can be purchased at the Game Warden’s Office Building.
- An ‘Ocean Enhancement Stamp’ is required to fish in ocean waters.
- A ‘Second Rod Stamp’ is required to utilize a second rod in freshwater lakes.
- Fishing licenses and Base Permits are not required for those under 16 years of age.
- Fisherman under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an authorized adult sponsor.
- State fishing licenses and Base permits must be displayed above the waist, in clear view, at all times while fishing.
- Authorized Patrons. Freshwater fishing aboard Camp Pendleton is limited to active duty military, military retirees, DOD civilians, and their immediate dependents. The general public may only fish freshwater lakes aboard Camp Pendleton when physically accompanied by an authorized patron.
- Available Locations.
- Lake O’Neill is open for fishing 7 days a week.
- Lake Pulgas and Case Springs Lakes are open on specified weekends/holidays only. Fisherman must contact the Game Warden’s Office to determine area availability prior to departing to these locations.
- No other areas may be utilized without prior approval from the Game Warden.
- Bag Limits.
- Lake O’Neill. Bass are ‘catch & release’ only. Limits on all other fish are in accordance with State Regulations.
- Pulgas Lake. All fish are ‘catch & release’.
- Case Springs Lakes. Limits are in accordance with State Regulations.
- Authorized patrons.
- Active duty military, military retirees, DOD civilians, and their immediate dependents are authorized to fish at the ‘Del Mar Jetty and Harbor’, ‘Red Beach’, and the Camp Pendleton portion of the ‘San Onofre Recreational Beach’.
- The general public is authorized to fish at the ‘Del Mar Jetty and Harbor’ and ‘Red Beach’ only.
- Available Locations.
- ‘Del Mar Jetty and Harbor’ (open 7 days a week).
- Camp Pendleton portion of the ‘San Onofre Recreational Beach’ (open 7 days a week).
- ‘Red Beach’ (restricted to certain weekends/holidays; fisherman must contact the Game Wardens Office to determine availability).
- Bag Limits. Limits are in accordance with State Regulations.
Authorized Hours. Fishing is authorized 1/2 hour prior to sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset aboard Camp Pendleton.
Violations. Violation of these regulations will result in suspension and/or permanent revocation of Camp Pendleton fishing privileges.